Incredibly private - like owning your own piece of National Forest
- 952 beautiful and rugged acres known as "The Peaks of Greenbrier"
- Recent survey showing 6 possible parcels
- The property is bordered on 3 sides by National Forest (5.8 miles of shared border) which puts you on the edge of a vast 2.7 million acres of additional wilderness
- Beautifully wooded pristine forest land (does not appear to have been timbered in the last hundred or more years).
- Timber cruise now available in the Download section on this page. Cruise came in at 4,250 MBF of sawtimber and 9,839 cords of pulpwood with a total value of $968,408.
- Several scenic mountain streams
- 2 miles of paved state road frontage with at least 3 access roads
- 4.8 miles of good, drivable interior roads that allow you to drive from one end of the property to the other.
- Numerous hiking and ATV trails throughout the property and along the mountain ridges.
- Great views especially along your own private mountain ridges
- Extremely private but easily accessible. Just 10 miles off I-64 and 15 miles from Covington. Scenic drive along streams and past Humpback Bridge - Virginia's oldest covered bridge.
- Just 30min from The Greenbrier Resort, 50min from the Homestead Resort, 1hr from Lake Moomaw (or 2 mile hike), and 1.5hr from Snowshoe Mountain Resort
- Whether you want to build a grand home or a rustic cabin, live here full time or just have a place to set up camp, this is the perfect place to get away - away from the hustle and bustle, away from noise pollution, away from traffic and just enjoy the great outdoors!
- If security and privacy are important to you, look no further - this is the ultimate in "social distancing"
- ATV and hiking trails throughout
- Great for hunters or nature watchers
- Pick your favorite mountain ridge to take in the view or enjoy a sunset. Highest elevations are around 3,500'.
- Local recreational areas include Lake Moomaw, Lake Sherwood, and Douthat State Park
- The nearby Jackson River provides numerous great fishing holes
- In the evenings, live it up at the Greenbrier Resort or the Homestead Resort
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- From the east, take I-64W to Covington, VA. Take Exit 10 for US-60/VA-159. At end of ramp, turn LEFT on VA-159S. 1/2mi to RIGHT on Midland Trail (600). 1/2mi to RIGHT on Indian Draft Rd (600). 1/2mi to LEFT on Johnson Creek Rd (661). 9.4mi to entrance to property on right.
- From the west, take I-64E to Covington, VA. Take Exit 10 for US-60/VA-159. At end of ramp, turn LEFT on VA-159S to 1st RIGHT on Midland Trail (600). 1/2mi to RIGHT on Indian Draft Rd (600). 1/2mi to LEFT on Johnson Creek Rd (661). 9.4mi to entrance to property on right.
- For GPS, property frontage begins just after 7901 Johnson Creek Rd, Covington, VA. Entrance is approx. 1.5mi from this point. End of road frontage is roughly 1 mile past the entrance.
- Mike Torrence 434-660-5159
- Micah Torrence 434-610-3182