Run wild at the ultimate private retreat!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life."
- John Muir
NATURE AT IT'S FINEST
- 952 beautiful acres known as "The Peaks of Greenbrier"
- The property is bordered on 3 sides by National Forest (5.8 miles of shared border) which puts you on the edge of a vast 2.7 million acres of additional wilderness
- Beautifully wooded pristine forest land (does not appear to have been timbered in the last hundred or more years).
- Several scenic mountain streams
- Pick your favorite mountain ridge to take in the view or enjoy a sunset. Highest elevations are around 3,500'.
- Ideal for hunters or nature enthusiasts
- A rare combination of extreme privacy, good accessiblity, and access to luxury resorts and recreation.
- Just 10 miles off I-64 and 15 miles from Covington.
- Scenic drive that takes you past Humpback Bridge - Virginia's oldest covered bridge.
- Local recreational areas include Lake Moomaw, Lake Sherwood, and Douthat State Park
- The nearby Jackson River provides numerous great fishing holes
- Do you want privacy but still enjoy some of the finer things in life? Here you are just 30min from The Greenbrier Resort, 50min from the Homestead Resort, 1hr from Lake Moomaw (or 2 mile hike), and 1.5hr from Snowshoe Mountain Resort
- Timber cruise estimates 4,250 MBF of sawtimber and 9,839 cords of pulpwood with a total value of $968,408. Cruise available in the Download section on this page.
- Over 2 miles of paved state road frontage - a rarity indeed for this type of property
- 4.8 miles of good, drivable interior roads already in place that allow you to drive from one end of the property to the other. If you have ever had to put a road through a property, you know this is a huge value!
- Numerous hiking and ATV trails throughout the property and along the mountain ridges.
- Multiple streams
- Plentiful wildlife
- If security and privacy are important to you, look no further - this is the ultimate in "social distancing"
- Recent survey showing 6 possible parcels if you ever wanted to subdivide
- In the evenings, live it up at the Greenbrier Resort or the Homestead Resort
Whether you want to build a grand home or a rustic cabin, live here full time or just have a place to set up camp, this is the perfect place to get away - away from the hustle and bustle, away from noise pollution, away from traffic and just enjoy the great outdoors!
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- From the east, take I-64W to Covington, VA. Take Exit 10 for US-60/VA-159. At end of ramp, turn LEFT on VA-159S. 1/2mi to RIGHT on Midland Trail (600). 1/2mi to RIGHT on Indian Draft Rd (600). 1/2mi to LEFT on Johnson Creek Rd (661). 9.4mi to entrance to property on right.
- From the west, take I-64E to Covington, VA. Take Exit 10 for US-60/VA-159. At end of ramp, turn LEFT on VA-159S to 1st RIGHT on Midland Trail (600). 1/2mi to RIGHT on Indian Draft Rd (600). 1/2mi to LEFT on Johnson Creek Rd (661). 9.4mi to entrance to property on right.
- For GPS, property frontage begins just after 7901 Johnson Creek Rd, Covington, VA. Entrance is approx. 1.5mi from this point. End of road frontage is roughly 1 mile past the entrance.
Coldwell Banker Commercial Read & Co.
101 Annjo Ct, Forest, VA
Mike Torrence (434) 660-5159
Micah Torrence (434) 610-3182
Torrence, Read, Forehand Auctions, L.C. is not affiliated with Coldwell Banker Real Estate, LLC and is operated independently from Coldwell Banker Commercial Read & Co.