Tract 4 Entrance (West side):
Scottsville, VA 24590
(entrance across from 3564 Rolling Rd, Scottsville, VA)
Tract 5 Entrance (East side):
Buck Island Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(entrance adjacent to 2522 Buck Island Rd, Charlottesville, VA)
This is a Sealed Bid Auction
Sealed bids to be mailed or delivered to:
TRF Auctions, 101 Annjo Ct, Forest, VA 24551
Bids must be received NO LATER than 12:30 PM EST on Friday, December 9, 2022
Agent will be in Charlottesville for the Bid Opening at the Hilton Garden Inn, 1793 Richmond Rd, Charlottesville, VA on Dec.9 from 11am to 12:30PM for last minute bid drop off.
2,419 acres in Albemarle County
- Incredible opportunity near some of Virginia's most exclusive properties including UVA's Morven, James Monroe's Highland, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello (a National Historic Landmark and UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Last remaining tracts of an impressive 4,500 acre holding in Albemarle County. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity offers a blank slate to create your exclusive estate from scratch. Ideal for private estates, premier farm, sprawling ranch, elite equestrian facility, game preserve, exclusive hunting camp, conservation activities, large block timber holding, or investment.
- In July 2019, the property was placed into a conservation easement with Albemarle Conservation Easement Authority joining a number of significant nearby properties and adding to Albemarle County's growing list of protected lands. At the end of 2020, Albemarle County had approx. 108,869 acres (over 23% of the county) in conservation.
- Property lays very well with access from Rolling Rd, Buck Island Rd, and Ed Jones Rd
- Numerous creeks and streams including Buck Island Creek, Lee Jones Creek, and Houchins Creek
- Miles of interior trails from Buck Island Rd all the way through to Rolling Rd. Owners are currently working on road improvement in a couple of areas.
- Great location adjoining UVA's Morven and just 4 miles from Monticello, 6 miles from I-64, and 9 miles from the University of Virginia's campus.
Offered in 2 tracts (Tracts 4 & 5) and as a whole
- Tract 4: +/-1,440 acres with approx. 1500' of frontage on Rolling Rd and access from Ed Jones Rd. Frontage on Rolling Rd has been recently cleared and will make a beautiful entrance into the property. This tract shares a border with UVA's Morven and offers beautiful views of Carter Mountain and Monticello making it a blank slate for a premier estate. Buck Island Creek and Lee Jones Creek converge on this tract. Includes (8) Albemarle County tax parcels including 104-8, 104-8A, 104-8B, 104-8C, 104-8D, 104-8M, 104-8N, and 104-8L.
- Tract 5: +/-979 acres with frontage on Buck Island Rd just off Thomas Jefferson Pkwy. This tract is in a great location, lays well, and offers roads and trails throughout. Houchins Creek crosses the property. Borders UVA's Morven and is a great estate tract or hunting preserve. Includes (19) Albemarle County tax parcels including 104-8E, 104-8F, 104-8G, 104-8H, 92-60, 92-61A, 92-61B, 92-61C, 92-61D, 92-61E, 92-61F, 92-61G, 92-61H, 92-61I, 92-61J, 93-47C3, 104-8I, 104-8J, 104-8K.
AGENT ON SITE
- Tuesday, Nov.29 from noon-4pm agents will be at the Tract 4 entrance on Rolling Rd to provide information and answer questions.
- Sunday, Dec.4 from 1-3pm agents will be at the Tract 4 entrance on Rolling Rd to provide information and answer questions.
- Self-guided tours ok anytime during daylight hours.
- Private tours can be arranged by appointment. Call Mike Torrence at 434-847-7741
DIRECTIONS TO TRACT 4 ENTRANCE ON ROLLING RD
- For GIS, Tract 4 entrance is across from 3564 Rolling Rd, Scottsville, VA
- From Charlottesville, take Rt.20S past I-64 to LEFT on Rt.53E. 3mi to RIGHT on James Monroe Pkwy. 2.6mi to LEFT on Rolling Rd. 2mi to entrance on left.
DIRECTIONS TO TRACT 5 ENTRANCE ON BUCK ISLAND RD
- For GIS, Tract 5 entrance is adjacent to 2522 Buck Island Rd, Charlottesville, VA
- From Charlottesville, take Rt.20S past I-64 to LEFT on Rt.53E. 6mi to RIGHT on Buck Island Rd. 0.3mi to RIGHT on Westvaco Blvd (property entrance).
- This is a sealed bid auction. Bids must be on TRF Auction's Sealed Bid Offer Form and be received by TRF Auctions on or before 12:30PM EST on Friday, Dec.9, 2022. 10% escrow deposit to be submitted with bid. Bids are subject to approval by Seller. Closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium. Refer to Bidder's Package for Offer Form and full terms and conditions. Bidder Package available by emailing info@trfauctions or calling 434-847-7741.