Alton, VA, 24520
Institute for Advanced Learning and Research
150 Slayton Ave, Danville, VA
Online and phone bidding also available.
- 128.65 acres in Halifax County just off the North Carolina border
- Majority in planted pine (8-12 years old) with beautiful hardwood stream buffers
- Long frontage on Cocquade Creek
- Old homeplace on property
- Several trails through property
- Just 2 miles from the Virginia International Raceway
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- From Danville, US-58E to RIGHT on Rt.62S. 5mi to LEFT on Race Track Rd. 1mi to RIGHT on VIR Dr. 1mi to LEFT on Hughes Rd. Keep right at fork and continue to property on left. Access is along edge of planted pines which starts along the driveway at 359 Hughes Rd.
AGENT ON SITE
- Monday, Nov.7 from 3-5pm
- Sunday, Nov.13 from 1-3pm
- Self-guided tours ok during daylight hours
- 10% deposit due day of sale by cash or good check. Closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium. Click on "Terms" tab for full terms and conditions.
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller will convey title by General Warranty Deed free and clear of all liens.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Sale Order: Opening announcements will take place promptly at 12:30pm. After the opening announcements, the 6 acre commercial tract in Danville will be auctioned first. After it is complete, the 128 acres in Halifax County will be auctioned. Both properties will be auctioned at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research, 150 Slayton Ave, Danville, VA.
Approval: High bid subject to approval by Seller.
Buyer's Premium: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price (bid price plus buyer's premium) due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.