Ed Jones Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(entrance across from 2635 Martin Kings Rd, Scottsville, VA)
Live auction held at:
Boar's Head Resort (Pavilion 1)
200 Ednam Dr, Charlottesville, VA
Online and phone bidding also available.
4,500 acres in Albemarle Co. being sold in two phases
- Incredible opportunity near some of Virginia's most exclusive properties including UVA's Morven, James Monroe's Highland, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello (a National Historic Landmark and UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- An impressive 4,500 acre holding in Albemarle County is being sold in two phases providing a once-in-a-lifetime blank slate opportunity to create your exclusive estate from scratch. Ideal for private estates, premier farm, sprawling ranch, elite equestrian facility, exclusive hunting camp, conservation activities, large block timber holding, or investment.
- In July 2019, the property was placed into a conservation easement with Albemarle Conservation Easement Authority joining a number of significant nearby properties and adding to Albemarle County's growing list of protected lands. At the end of 2020, Albemarle County had approx. 108,869 acres (over 23% of the county) in conservation.
- Property lays very well with long frontage and multiple access points from 4 roads
- 18.3 miles of frontage along numerous creeks and streams including Jacobs Creek and Buck Island Creek
- Great location just 15 miles from the University of Virginia campus, 12 miles from Martha Jefferson Hospital, 11 miles from I-64, and 6 miles from Lake Monticello Shopping Center
Phase 1 (July 19, 2022) features 2,081 acres
- Several hundred acres in Phase 1 recently cleared, prepped, fertilized, and seeded
- Extensive road system throughout
- Offered in 3 tracts and as a whole
- Tract 1: +/-635 acres with approx. 1670' of frontage on Buck Island Rd and long frontage on Ed Jones Rd. Long fields with beautiful views of property and Carter Mountain. Includes tax parcels 104-8P, 104-8Q, 104-8R, 104-8S, 104-8T, 104-8U, 104-8V, 105-13A, 105-13B, 105-13C, 105-13D.
- Tract 2: +/-925 acres with an impressive 8,400' (1.6 miles) of frontage on Martin Kings Rd plus 2,420' on Buck Island Rd. This prime tract is a blank slate for a premier estate! Includes tax parcels 104-18, 104-8W, 104-8X, 104-8Z, 105-13E, 115-43A, 115-43B, 115-43C, 115-43D, 115-43E, 115-48A, 116-1.
- Tract 3: +/-521 acres with long frontage on Ed Jones Rd and access from Jacob Creek Dr. Several great building sites and prime farm land. Includes tax parcels 104-14B, 104-8Y, 104-9B, 104-9C, 115-42.
- Notes: Easement does not allow tracts to be further subdivided. Division rights may be retained by purchasing multiple tracts. Max of two dwelling units allowed per tract.
Phase 2 (late Fall, 2022): 2,419 acres adjoining Phase 1
AGENT ON SITE
- Private tours by appointment. Call Mike Torrence at 434-847-7741
- Friday, July 8 from 3-7pm agents will be at the Boar's Head Resort (Ednam Hall) to provide information and answer questions.
- Sunday, July10 from 11am-3pm. Agent will be on Tract 2 to provide information during preview hours. If you would like a tour during the preview, please reserve a time by calling our office at 434-847-7741.
- Self-guided tours ok anytime during daylight hours.
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- For GIS, southern entrance is across from 2635 Martin Kings Rd, Scottsville, VA
- From Charlottesville, take Rt.20S past I-64 to LEFT on Rt.53E. 3mi to RIGHT on James Monroe Pkwy. 2.6mi to LEFT on Rolling Rd. 5mi to bear LEFT on Martin King Rd. 1.9mi on left (across from 2635 Martin Kings Rd).
- 10% deposit due day of sale by cash or good check. Closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium. Click on "Terms" tab for full terms and conditions.
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller will convey title by General Warranty Deed free and clear of all liens.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Approval: Property sells absolute to the highest bidder(s).
Buyer's Premium: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price (bid price plus buyer's premium) due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.