7913 Lexington Tpk
Live auction held off-site at:
Hilton Garden Inn
4025 Wards Rd, Lynchburg, VA
Online and phone bidding also available.
- UPDATE: Title Exam (available in "Documents" tab) came back with 198.846 acres
- Beautiful 200 acre farm on the Pedlar River nestled in the National Forest
- Family farm for over 100 years
- For an incredible 1.5 miles, the Pedlar River meanders through and along the property's river valley. The vast majority of this length can be paralleled by vehicle or ATV creating a one-of-a-kind property with amazing private river access. The Pedlar River is a favorite destination for many fishermen in Central Virginia and is regularly stocked by the Virginia DGIF with several trout species throughout the year both upstream and downstream of this property.
- In addition to trout, the property is plentiful in whitetail deer and turkey for incredible Amherst County hunting
- Much of the property is bordered by the National Forest
3200'1560' of road frontage on Lexington Tpk (US-60). *Road frontage updated to reflect National Forest border.
- The homeplace, built in 1929, offers 1200 sq.ft., 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, and wrap around porch. Great for home or hunting/fishing cabin.
- Several older barns and out buildings
- Nice mix of river valley, open fields, woodlands, and mountain land on Charlie Taylor Mountain
- Approx. 36 acres of open land
- Amherst County Tax Parcel 15-A-2
- Property is in land use with real estate taxes of $1,084 per year
- Small cemetery on the property (Gilbert family)
- Running water is not operational in the home. Two former spring houses on the property are in disrepair.
- Approx. 65 acres at the back of the property is restricted from timbering and commercial cabin rental until September 15, 2027. See aerial. Restriction was put in place when a portion of the land was sold to the neighbor and the neighbor had the intention of possibly buying more of the land in the future.
- There is not a current survey. Property is being sold in one tract per the deed.
- Sells absolute to the highest bidder!
AGENT ON SITE
- Wed, Mar.2 from 12-2pm
- Sun, Mar.6 from 1-3pm
- Sun, Mar.13 from 1-3pm
- Wed, Mar.16 from 4-6pm
- Guided tours by appointment
- Self-guided tours ok anytime. Please respect the property. Do not drive through fields if the ground is extremely wet. River crossings requires 4-wheel drive and should only be attempted by experienced drivers. 2nd river crossing is deeper. Do not cross if the river is up. Mountain trails require an ATV and are only open as far as indicated on the aerial.
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- From traffic circle in Amherst, take US-60W 19.5 miles to left into property.
- From I-81, take exit for US-60E. 11 miles to right into property.
- 10% deposit due day of sale by cash or good check. Closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium. Click on "Terms" tab for full terms and conditions.
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller will convey title by General Warranty Deed free and clear of all liens.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Approval: Property sells absolute to the highest bidder(s).
Buyer's Premium: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price (bid price plus buyer's premium) due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.