146 Phoebe Ln
Luray, VA 22835
Live auction held off-site at:
Stanley Fire Department
190 E Main St, Stanley, VA
Online and phone bidding available.
- Connor Farm is a 69 acre organic poultry and crop farm just north of the Town of Stanley
- Consists of 4 parcels being Page County parcels 71-A-41, 41A, 46, & 47
- The majority is in open, productive crop land that has been completely regraded and de-rocked
- The farm is certified organic by Oregon Tilth for crops and livestock and produced certified organic broiler chickens under a separate certification through ICS
- Gorgeous, panoramic mountain views
- Road Frontage: 344.97' on Phoebe Ln and 197.26' on Piney Woods Rd
- Improvements (detailed below) include (2) poultry houses, hog barn, storage barn, bank barn, shop, litter/equipment shed, and brick stable
- Served by public water and (3) wells
- Total tax assessment of $975,600 with annual taxes of $3,687. Property is in Land Use.
- Sells absolute to the highest bidder(s)
- (2) 50' x 400' poultry houses. Wood frame with metal exterior. Equipment in place to include Chore-Tronics 3 computers, Ziggaty waterers, feeders, quad space heaters, fans, and high quality water filtration system. Owner was growing privately and for Shenandoah Valley Organic.
- 1000' of stubbed conduit 4' deep in front of poultry houses for future upgrades (fiber optic, co-ax, etc)
- (1) 42' x 400' former poultry house converted for hogs. Steel frame with metal exterior.
- (1) 42' x 400' former poultry house converted to storage. Steel frame with metal exterior.
- Bank barn with attached 4,698 sq.ft. shop with office plus an open sided lean to. Shop has roof / roof truss damage.
- 3,280 sq.ft. litter shed with attached 1,600 sq.ft. equipment shed
- Silage pit
- Fenced and cross fenced
- (3) wells and public water hook up
- Cistern system
- Septic system
- Underground electric
OFFERED IN 2 TRACTS
- Tract 1: +/-10.554 acre poultry operation being Parcel 71-A-41A. Includes both poultry houses, hog barn, storage barn, litter/equipment shed, and (3) wells. 293.97' of frontage on Phoebe Lane (shared entrance with Tract 2).
- Tract 2: +/-59.031 acre farm being Parcels 71-A-41, 46, 47. Includes the majority of the crop land, bank barn, shop, and brick stable. 51' of frontage on Phoebe Ln (shared entrance with Tract 1) and 197.26' of frontage on Piney Woods Dr.
AGENT ON SITE
- Thur, Jan.6 from 12-2pm
- Wed, Jan.12 from 12-2pm
Sun, Jan.16 from 1-3pmPOSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER
- Wed, Jan.19 from 12-2pm
- NEW: Sun, Jan.23 from 1-3pm
- Tue, Jan.25 from 2-5pm
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- From Luray, US-340S Business 8mi to Stanley. RIGHT on Pond Ave and keep left to stay on Pond Ave. 0.7mi to LEFT on Phoebe Ln to entrance on right.
- From Harrisonburg, I-81N 16mi to exit 264 for US-211 toward Luray. 0.2mi to LEFT on US-211E. 0.3mi to RIGHT on US-211E toward Luray. 6mi to RIGHT on US-340S. 3mi to LEFT on US-340N Business towards Stanley. 4mi to LEFT on Pond Ave and keep left to stay on Pond Ave. 0.7mi to LEFT on Phoebe Ln to entrance on right.
- From Charlottesville, US-29N 12mi to Ruckersville. LEFT on US-33W. 20mi to Elkton. RIGHT on US-340N.13mi to RIGHT on US-33W Business toward Stanley. 4mi to LEFT on Pond Ave and keep left to stay on Pond Ave. 0.7mi to LEFT on Phoebe Ln to entrance on right.
- 10% deposit due day of sale by cash or good check. Closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium. Click on "Terms" tab for full terms and conditions.
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller will convey title by General Warranty Deed free and clear of all liens.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Approval: Property sells absolute to the highest bidder(s).
Buyer's Premium: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price (bid price plus buyer's premium) due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.