adjacent to 1607 N Amherst Hwy
Amherst, VA 24521
Live auction held off-site at:
Clifford Ruritan Club
755 Fletchers Level Rd
Amherst, VA 24521
Online and phone bidding available.
- Great opportunity for a beautiful building lot on Rt.29 near the Rt.151/Patrick Henry Hwy intersection
- Mostly open with several great building sites
- Scenic Amherst County views
- Conventional perc
- Small stream
- Partially fenced
- 554’ of frontage on Rt.29
- New VDOT approved entrance
- Zoned A1 Agricultural Residential District
- Part of Tax Parcel 67-A-26B
- 1.5mi from Winton Country Club, 28mi from Wintergreen Resort, and close to numerous wineries, breweries, and distilleries
- Sells absolute to the highest bidder!
AGENT ON SITE
- Tuesday, Oct.19 from 12-2pm
- Wednesday, Oct.27 from 12-2pm
- Guided tours other times by appointment
- Self-guided tours ok anytime
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- From Amherst (Rt.60), take US-29N 4mi to first crossover past the Rt.151 intersection. Make u-turn to new entrance on right.
- For GIS, use 1607 N Amherst Hwy, Amherst, VA
- 10% deposit due day of sale by cash or good check. Closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium. Click on "Terms" tab for full terms and conditions.
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller will convey title by General Warranty Deed free and clear of all liens.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Approval: Property sells absolute to the highest bidder.
Buyer's Premium: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price (bid price plus buyer's premium) due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.