The Forks of Buffalo
5141 Lexington Tpke (US-60)
Amherst, VA 24521
Live auction held on-site at first entrance to field.
Online bidding available.
- A beautiful slice of Central Virginia boasting open fields, mountains, scenic river, rocky stream, trails, panoramic views, mature woodlands, and plentiful wildlife
- The highlight and namesake of the property is the Buffalo River with over 3,000' along this scenic tributary.
- 20 acres of beautiful, fertile fields ideal for horses/cattle
- Elevations at the rear of the property are around 1440' providing excellent views of the valley
- Beautiful rocky mountain stream
- 2,283' of frontage on US-60 with 5 entrances
- ATV trails throughout the property. While wide enough, please do not drive vehicles on the mountain trails.
- Includes old barn and historic store/post office
- Amherst County tax parcel 47-A-1 assessed at $378,300
Offered in 2 Tracts
- Tract 1: +/-68 Acres. Approx. 1,030' of river frontage and 1,218' of road frontage. Includes the old store and mountain stream. Very scenic tract. 30' easement from entrance "B" along road / electric line easement to Tract 2.
- Tract 2: +/-105 Acres. Approx. 2,040' of river frontage and 1,065' of road frontage. Includes most of the open fields.
AGENT ON SITE
- Sunday, May 2, 1-3PM. ATV tour by appt (see link below).
- Thursday, May 6, 4-6PM
- Monday, May 10, 12-2PM
- Sunday, May 16, 1-3PM. ATV tour by appt (see link below).
- Self-guided tours ok anytime. Aerials available on our website. Please do not drive vehicles on mountain trails especially when wet.
- ATV tours available by appointment. Call to schedule.
DIRECTIONS TO PROPERTY
- From Amherst, US-60W 13mi to property on left.
- From Lexington, US-60E 20mi to property on right.
- Note: Live auction and open houses will be conducted from first field on Tract 2 (across from JP Bradley & Sons).
- 10% deposit due day of sale by cash or good check. Closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium. Click on "Terms" tab for full terms and conditions.
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller will convey title by General Warranty Deed free and clear of all liens.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30 AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Approval: Property sells absolute to the highest bidder(s).
Buyer's Premium: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price (bid price plus buyer's premium) due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.