240 Keatts Lane
Danville, VA 24541
Live auction held at:
Olde Dominion Agricultural Complex
Online bidding available.
- Selling for Robert T. Vaughan, Jr., Special Commissioner
- Beautiful 417 acre farm in Pittsylvania County with vast majority in productive fields, rich bottom land, and fenced pasture land.
- Property borders a scenic 1.6 mile stretch of Sandy River with fishing holes, sandy beaches, and the best section of rocky rapids in which to spend a summer afternoon!
- In addition to the river, springs and creeks abound throughout.
- 3 ponds on the property including a nice 3 acre pond behind the home and a 3 acre duck pond popular with water fowl.
- Improvements include a 4BR brick home, 2BR cottage, former dairy facilities, equipment shed, and waterers.
- Bountiful wildlife including whitetail deer, turkey, dove, ducks, geese, swans, and much more!
- A private recreational treasure! Hunt, fish, float the river, take on the rapids, hike, 4-wheel, sunbathe, picnic, camp, party all to your heart's content.
- Currently accessed by a short 30' deeded right-of-way off Sugartree Church Rd. Owners are in the process of obtaining a small parcel that would give 50' of road frontage but neither the auction company or the trustee can guarantee the completion of this transaction.
OFFERED IN 3 TRACTS
- Tract 1: +/-194 acres on the western side of the farm with several beautiful fields, great potential home sites, duck pond, streams, and +1800' of frontage on Sandy River.
- Tract 2: +/-221 acres on the eastern side of the farm with big, lush fields, cottage (872 sq.ft., 2BR, 1BA), farm buildings, (2) ponds, streams, and roughly 1.3 miles of Sandy River frontage including the scenic section of rapids.
- Tract 3: +/-2 acres with brick home (1769 sq.ft., 4BR, 4BA) featuring a finished basement apartment, 2-car garage, and a great view of the neighboring pond. Currently shares well with cottage.
- Additional Opportunity: Adjoining custom home on 22 acres can be purchase separately. It offers a beautiful home, 1179' of road frontage, and at least 3 division rights. Call for details.
AGENT ON SITE
Agent will be at brick home (240 Keatts Ln) to provide information during preview. A guided tour of the farm is available by appointment. Call 434-847-7741 or click the link below to reserve your time.
- Sunday, Nov.22 from 1-3PM (guided land tours 10am-4pm by appt)
- Sunday, Nov.29 from 1-3PM (guided land tours 10am-4pm by appt)
- Tuesday, Dec.1 from 12-2PM (guided land tours 12pm-4pm by appt)
- Sunday, Dec.6 from 1-3PM (guided land tours 10am-4pm by appt)
- Tuesday, Dec.8 from 12-2PM (guided land tours 12pm-4pm by appt)
- Additional times by appointment. Property is occupied.
Guided tour reservation link available in the "Links" section above.
- From Danville, US-58W 4mi to RIGHT on Whispering Pines Rd (at Dollar General). 2mi to RIGHT on Sugartree Church Rd. 1mi to LEFT on Keatts Ln. Continue 0.2mi to brick home on right.
- 10% deposit due day of sale by cash or good check. Closing on or about 30 days. NO buyer's premium. High bid subject to court approval. Sold "as-is." Seller to provide a title insurance commitment from First American Title prior to auction. Click on "Terms" tab for full terms and conditions.
Selling for Robert T. Vaughan, Jr., Special Commissioner
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS, WHERE-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller makes no warranty in regards to the property. However, a title insurance commitment from First American Title will be provided prior to auction.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30 AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Approval: High bid subject to court approval.
Buyer's Premium: There is no buyer's premium for this auction.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.