- Rappahannock County is Virginia's only county without a stop light yet only 62 miles from Washington DC making it the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle
- Since the formation of Rappahannock County, Spring House Farm has passed down through just 3 families.
- Tax Map # 21-31
- It's 182 beautifully rolling acres will be offered in 5 scenic tracts. Choose your favorite. Tracts have some basic covenants and restrictions (see Covenants-Restrictions under Documents tab)
- Scenic countryside and mountain views at many locations throughout the property are ideal for potential home sites
- Approx. 2500’ of frontage on US-211 / Lee Hwy
- Big, level yards are bordered by long, hand laid, rock walls that transition to rolling pastures and eventually lead to and up Hickerson Mountain to an elevation around 1200'
- Plentiful deer and turkey
- Ideal for country estate, private home sites, weekend retreat, hunting, farming, recreation, and rental income
- Great location between Massies Corner and Ben Venue only 4 miles from the renowned Inn at Little Washington
- Tax assessed at $1,658,000. Previously listed for $1,995,000.
OFFERED IN 5 TRACTS & AS A WHOLE
- Tr.1 +/-24 Acres: A beautiful tract with scenic knoll ideal for your new home and plenty of room to roam. Great for beautiful estate or small farm with a couple of horses or cattle. Approximately 350 feet of frontage on Lee Hwy with an existing entrance.
- Tr.2 +/-16 Acres: Nice farmette that includes the historic main home, cottage, and barn. It offers approximately 660 feet of white fenced frontage on Lee Hwy with an existing entrance accessed by both homes. Great potential for an amazing homeplace, B&B, VRBO, weddings, horse property, etc.
- The original home dates back to the 1700's with several additions and improvements over the years. It offers 2,927 sq.ft. with 6 bedrooms (2 main level & 2 2nd floor), 2 full baths, and 6 fireplaces. Water is provided by a spring located at the farm's namesake spring house. It is currently rented for $1,250/mo.
- The cottage offers 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. It has it's own septic but shares the water source with the main home. It is currently vacant but was last rented for $1,000/mo.
- Tr.3 +/-79 Acres: Incredible tract that offers a great selection of potential home sites with panoramic views, privacy, and a portion of Hickerson Mountain with a trail to the top. Plenty of wildlife including whitetail deer and turkey. The tract has approximately 370 feet of frontage on Lee Hwy with an existing entrance along the old highway road bed. Perfect for exclusive private estate, mountain cabin, weekend retreat, hunting, recreation, and more.
- Tr.4 +/-43 Acres: Nice tract for your new home providing a mix of rolling pastures, woodlands, creeks, and privacy. Approximately 950 feet of frontage on Lee Hwy with existing entrance along old highway road bed.
- Tr.5 +/-20 Acres: Beautiful, rolling pastures with creek. Home offers 2 bedrooms and 1 full bath and is currently rented for $1,000/month. The backyard is fenced with a storage shed, chicken coop, and nice garden area.
- From Washington DC: I-66W 30mi to exit 43A for US-29S towards Warrenton. 11mi to Warrenton, keep RIGHT on US-29S Business. 2mi to RIGHT on US-211W. 18mi to farm on right.
- From Charlottesville: US-29N 23mi to Madison. LEFT on US-29N Business. 1mi to LEFT on Rt.231N. 21mi to LEFT on US-522N. 1mi to RIGHT on US-522N/US-211E. 9mi to farm on left (U-turn req'd).
- Sun, Sept.6 from 1-3PM
- Thu, Sept.10 from 4-6PM
- Sun, Sept.13 from 1-3PM
- Sun, Sept.20 from 1-3PM
- Wed, Sept.23 from 12-2PM
- Day of sale beginning at 11:30AM
- or by appointment (main home and rental home are occupied)
- Additional viewings now available for guided tours of the farm.
- Thursday, Sept.24 from 12-6PM. Half hour time slots available. Reserve your time below.
- Friday, Sept.25 from 9-11AM. Half hour time slots available. Reserve your time below.
10% deposit day of sale by cash or check. Balance due at closing on or about 30 days. 5% buyer's premium added to high bid to determine final contract price. Click on the Terms tab to view the complete Terms and Conditions for this auction.
REAL ESTATE AGENTS: 2% Commission Available. CLICK HERE to request a form to register your client(s).
Terms: Property sells "AS-IS, WHERE-IS" without warranties of any kind. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the Property as they deem necessary to verify information provided by Auction Company.
Warranty: All information provided by Auction Company is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information provided by the Auction Company is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company.
Title: Seller will convey title by General Warranty Deed free and clear of all liens.
Registration: Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. On-site registration begins at 11:30 AM day of sale. You may also pre-register on our website or phone app. Deadline for phone and online bidding registration is 6PM EST on the day prior to the auction. A valid form of identification (i.e. driver's license) may be required to register onsite or online.
Online Bidding: Online bidding is available for your convenience. However, due to the technical nature of online bidding, bidder acknowledges that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Torrence, Read, & Forehand Auctions will not be responsible for missed bids from any source. Online bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the prebidding function and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Winning bidders will be notified by email and/or phone and receive instructions for signing the Contract of Purchase (must be returned within 24 hours) and submitting the Deposit (see below).
Announcements: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale of the Property.
Approval: Property sells absolute to the highest bidder(s).
Buyer's Premium: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to the high bid to determine the final sales price.
Deposit: Deposit equal to 10% of final contract price (bid price plus buyer's premium) due day of sale by cash or good check. Online bidders may overnight deposit or wire transfer funds so it is received within 2 business days.
Closing: Balance of Purchase Price shall be due at closing on or about 30 days after the sale. However, closing must occur on or before December 15, 2020 time being of the essence.
Agency: The auction company and its representatives represent the sellers.